A MOVE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A NIGHTMARE
Don't know where to start? Follow my advice and make your own move without losing your nerve and at the level of Professional Organizer.
• SMALL BOXES
• MEDIUM BOXES
• LARGE BOXES
• CLOSETS BOXES
o A cabinet box can be crafted with a large and tall enough box and add a metal rail that you can buy in a hardware store or even by Amazon.
o Pharmacies and stationery receive merchandise daily and could provide you with ma
o Beware of supermarket boxes as they may contain insects. Better try the liquor stores.
o Moving companies often sell packaging material even if they do not perform the final service. If you still don't get them and have to go to department stores to buy them, make sure they're of good quality. You'll appreciate it.
• SPECIAL ADHESIVE TAPE FOR EMBALMING. (No insulating tape)
• BUBBLE PAPER
• PACKAGING PAPER OR OLD NEWSPAPERS
• THICK PERMANENT MARKERS
• RED OR CONTAINING THE WORD FRAGILE
HOW, WHEN AND WHERE TO START
1. DO NOT LEAVE FOR TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY. Start packing as soon as possible.
• 2 months in advance for large houses
• 1 month in advance for medium-sized homes
• 15 days for apartments and small houses
This time estimate is logically not an exact rule, but it will help you organize yourself.
2. DON'T GIVE UP, THE START IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST THING. Start with the rooms you use the least and those ins and outs like clothes from other seasons, gardening tools, Christmas or ornamentation.
3. AT 20 KG. THE DIET BEGINS. The boxes must not exceed 20 kg in weight to ensure that they are easily manageable and prevent them from breaking during travel.
4. IN IMPORTANT MATTERS NO DETAIL IS SMALL. Few moving companies apply this method as it requires many hours of work, but it is the most efficient and never fails:
o Every box you make, list
o Write in detail on a sheet and as an inventory what the "No X" box you just made
o Close it conveniently and so on from first to last box.
♥ EXPERT'S ADVICE
• When you make the transfer, if you have a room where all the boxes can go, make sure that the boxes are stacked correlatively
If this is not the case, having perfectly identified each box, you can distribute them depending on the stay to which each of them corresponds. In this way the unpacking will be much easier and orderly.
5. IN THE VARIETY IS THE TASTE. Use boxes of different sizes: small for books, medians for ornamentation and crockery, and large or wardrobe boxes for clothing.
6. TO THE TOPS. The boxes must be completely filled to prevent breakage.
Use packaging paper or newspaper to fill in empty spaces in the boxes to prevent the movement of objects inside.
7. AND AT THAT MOMENT HE CAUGHT IT. Place in fragile boxes a red sticker or some badge that indicates fragile to determine the position of these boxes in the load and that are not surpassed by other heavier items.
It may seem silly but at the last minute it's all rushing and this badge will help a lot to distinguish the boxes of delicate content.
8. TEMPORARY CLOSURE. When closing the boxes make sure you do it like a pro.
Close the box so that the lids are kissed and pass the duct tape between the two. Be generous and cover 3 sides of the box.
Performs the same operation in the opposite direction. Boxes of more weight, such as those in the books, will need a reinforcement that covers the edges.
9. ALL THAT SHINES IS GOLD.Ensure optimal cleaning in your new residence before moving out.
If necessary, hire the professional service. It is much more effective to thoroughly clean a house without furniture than it already completes.
10. SIZE MATTERS. Take stockings of all bulky furniture and make sure they fit through the doors, elevator or windows if applicable.
11. EACH SHEEP WITH YOUR PARTNER. If you have to disassemble furniture, store all small pieces in plastic bags with airtight closure.
Identify which cabinet each bag belongs to and place them all together in a box next to the work tool you'll need to assemble again: Allen keys, screwdrivers, tweezers, hammer, etc.
12. MAKE YOURSELF A BOOK. Take photos of complicated electrical mounts to make it faster and don't hesitate to mount it later.
- It's the perfect time to do some cleaning and get rid of everything you don't use anymore. Lighten the load and you'll appreciate it when unpacking.
- If you get the whole family to collaborate, the move will be sewing and singing. Everyone can take care of their belongings and the common do it among all. Those yes, make sure first that they know exactly how they have to do it.
- Unpack as needed. Everything is inventoried and you have the boxes numbered so you can unpack as you need.
- Important documents always take them with you because even if at the economic level applying for a new passport is not very expensive, it will be the last thing you want to do when you arrive at your new residence.
I have nothing left but to tell you that welcome
A new life awaits you!