TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR GARAGE BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF EVERY LAST INCH
AND WITHOUT GETTING RID OF THE CAR!
In garages there are always empty areas where you can place adequate storage systems. The key to taking advantage of these areas, even if they are not too large, lies in the design and proper organization.
The first thing will be necessary to determine exactly the available meters and plan in detail spaces of different sizes, so that we can store objects of different volumes; from the lawn mower to food or toys.
If your garage has a minimum of between 3.5 and 4 m wide, it would be advisable to have one of the side walls as a storage area.
First of all, be sure to measure the space correctly.
To do this, calculate what the car occupies with the doors open so that you can enter and exit it comfortably. To this measure you must add between 40 and 70 cm from the bottom of the shelf.
Choose a modular shelf model with height-adjustable shelves. This allows you to create specific spaces based on the size of the objects you are saving.
It is very practical to place perforated panels on the back of the shelf, with brackets for small tools and drawers or sorters.
Store objects according to their use: gardening, DIY, feeding or cleaning and adapt the height of the shelves according to your needs and the dimensions of your garage.
List all the materials, objects, and belongings you want to store and calculate as accurately as possible the space you'll need for each of them.
It'll be easier for you if you work on paper and pencil.
Study the best distribution before you start assembling the modules!
♥ EXPERT'S ADVICE
After the organization of dozens of garages and storage rooms, I can conclude that as far as shelves are concerned, the "cheap comes out expensive".
I've seen an entire shelf literally collapse after loading it with less than half the weight indicated in the instructions.
NARROW AND LONG GARAGES
If on the contrary your garage is very narrow and very long, ideally you create the storage area in the background.
Make sure you have easy and convenient access. The distribution could be in parallel or in three rows.
In general, it is sufficient to have 1.90 m of bottom.
In this arrangement, it is very important to leave enough space so that bulky and heavy objects such as the lawn cutter or trash can can be easily removed and put in.
Sets a minimum of 60 cm and a maximum of 80 cm wide in the hallway.
DISTRIBUTION IN 3 ROWS:
When the garage is very narrow and long, the organization can also be done in three rows of modules.
For this arrangement you will need to have a background of 2.25 m.
OPTIONS FOR VERY SMALL GARAGES
When there is not enough space to take advantage of the side or bottom walls, the solution is to use panels to place special tools and brackets to hang bulky objects such as bicycles, etc.
Arrange cabinets, shelves or drawers in the upper free spaces so that they reach the ceiling.
If your parking space is in a shared place and you have enough space, you have several solutions to take advantage of that space with maximum security; conventional or height cabinets made of galvanized steel and with built-in lock.
- Attention to lighting. For some strange reason we tend to have minimal lighting in the storage rooms, appearing to enter the cave of Ali Baba. Today LED bulbs are the best investment and also resist moisture!
- Better to prevent than to regret. If the shelf is unsymland, you must anchor it to the wall. You save yourself a good foreseeable upset.
- What's it going to be? Don't trust your memory and tag the contents of each box because in six months you won't remember what was in them.
- Organize inside. Everything you keep must also carry an order. Don't mix and categorize! Stuffed animals, kitchen pots, costumes, college notes ... why not be wrong to think that you accumulate all that?
- Absolute cleaning. Consider your garage another room in your home and keep it clean, monitoring pests and moisture.